Saturday 2 July 2011

Pretty and Witty and Gay

I love gay men, gay women, I love gay people! I do, there is something about their confidence and personalities that I just adore. Im not talking about the fashion advice, or the insane gossipy chats, its the way that they accept you, for who you are. They don't judge, they just love, it really warms my heart.

I have a many homosexual friends and I wouldn't trade them for anything else in the world. But there seems to be a huge stigma about the way of life, people trying to prove that its a chemical imbalance in the brain, or a lifestyle choice that can be punished, or taught out of someone. I don't think this is the case at all and I think you just know if you like boys or girls, I don't think there is any funny business going on and if you like someone of the same sex, then that's okay. You shouldn't be punished for it.

In the society we live in its becoming more and more common and I believe with the new generation homosexuality is being accepted more freely. My problem is with the biggot bogan who have nothing better to do than gay bash. We are all people...seriously...what if tomorrow you woke up and the tables were turned, if heterosexuality was opposite the norm and this oppression was thrust onto you. It wouldn't really be too fun would it. I have had a couple of my mates bashed because they were dancing with some heros girlfeiend and they were threatened. As a matter of fact, one of my ex boyfriends was so threatened by one of my gay mates, he convinced himself that I was having sex with him. Isn't that the stupidest thing you have heard in your life? I couldn't possibly be hanging out with him because he was great to talk to and he made me laugh...nooo...its not possible to be a friend with the opposite sex for the pure intention of being friends! But I'm getting off topic...

I believe that same sex marriage should be legalized. Civil union = bullshit. Marriage is two people loving each other so much that they want to spend the rest of their lives together...fullstop....I don't remember EVER being told when I was a kid that it had to be a man and a woman...ever. It makes me so angry. Sexism, its real, and its ripe in our community. Its so bad that people live two lives, terrified of what their family and friends will think of their lifestyle, and that's sad. Who has ever been chastised for living and loving someone of the opposite sex?

Also, who's to say that two mums or two dads CANT be amazing parents? One of my lesbian friends just had a baby and she is a loving, warm and caring mother. Who is to say she wont be. Oh, and before you play the "every kid needs a father" card, what about all the men that run out on their baby mother before the child is born, or run away and hide so they don't have to pay child support,. This goes for mothers too, who are scared of the responsibility and aren't ready to grow up. The ones that dump the kids on the fathers so they can run out and party, drink and have sex with anyone that looks their way. Who are you to say that they will be better parents than a homosexual couple who are committed to each other and yearn to be a family.

Its wrong that these beautiful, gorgeous people are made to feel excluded from society and its lifestyle because of who they love. People who have sex with kids, and animals still walk freely in society but a man who kisses a man or a woman who kisses a woman is scorned for their lifestyle choice is chastised and beaten. Tell me where the fairness is in that, because I can't see it!

I'm sure you are proud of who you are and what you do. Embrace the people around you that might seem different, or extraverted, or lady like, or manly. They will add a dimension to your life you never knew existed. If you don't feel you can do that, then think about this. You love your family and would defend their honour to the ground, a parents love can't be measured. But, every single one of you, will have a homosexual in your family, whether it be a child, grandchild, parent, uncle, aunty, somewhere along the line there will be someone. The measure of strength will be how to deal with it and accept it. If it is with opened mind and love, your life will be enhanced in a way that you will never have known before. If you don't, you are just another biggot that will pass his hate gene to the next generation to oppress. You will be as bad as a racist!

I welcome you all with open arms, with no judgement, just love. I hope that you will do the same for me. Equality is the goal. Gay Pride, lets scream it from the rooftops, get the message out there, lets unite, in our fight, for freedom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment